This was a really challenging pregnancy for me, I was sick throughout the whole pregnancy , I was in so much pain from him being low , and I just felt I couldnt keep up with my little Gracie..oh and did I mention I was SICK THE WHOLE PREGNANCY! The night before going in , I was so nervous because I wasnt sure if I was going to have a c-section or natural.Between 35-37 weeks Thompson flipped and was breech,I couldnt believe it when the DR told me and I thought it was the worst thing that could happen to me. I cried the whole way home , sat on the couch the rest of the day , ate Oreos and cried. After my little meltdown I told myself it didnt matter as long as he was here.
We went in on the 17th at 6am. The plan was to try and turn him and if that didnt work go in for a c-section . After 3 weeks of wondering if this would work..IT DID , my Dr turned him! I told her I didnt care what she had to do just get him turned , so when she told me she was sorry she broke my rib but he was turned I didnt care! I was soo happy I started crying almost as much as when he was born. They started the induction at 9am and (with all the little details left out) he was here at 4:47 PM weighing 8lbs 21 inches. It was amazing and I am so glad all went well :) He has blessed our little family so much and it was the best ever having Mike home this time ( he was deployed when Gracie was born). He kept me calm and most of all got to see his little boy born . I love my life and my family and would do it 20 more times if I had to , to get this little boy in my arms.




3 comments:
Oh My Goodness, she broke your rib, did you already have the epidural at the time??? I have heard that breaking ribs is the most painful thing ever! Did you recover okay from that? I am so glad she was able to turn him though so you did not have to have a c-section. He sure is a cutie and definitely is worth anything!
It's amazing what we will do for our kiddo's isn't it. I am sorry you were sick the WHOLE pregnancy. Luckily I cannot relate to that, but I can relate to my child also being very very low the entire time. I too would do it 20 times over to get my Jesse here. Thompson is so darn cute!
Your poor ribs! I think you had a cracked rib on one our first YW activities. You are one amazing woman Jillian! I'm glad everything went well. I love to hear birth stories. Both of my girls were low and it's not fun at all.
Post a Comment