Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dancing Memories

When I was a little girl my mom used to pull out the record player (yes , I said record) , and we would dance to disney songs for what seems like hours to me. I loved it and when she would pick me up from my grandma's I would say "mommy will you have this dance with me when we get home".My mom has been on my mind heavy lately ,its been 8 years today since she passed away. So yesterday I started dancing with Gracie and SHE LOVED IT! She kept coming up to me all day and saying "more" in sign language.It feels so good to have mother daughter moment since I didnt have them for a while.I miss my mom and I thought I would share something I loved about her today , instead of a sad story . So take a moment out of your day today and let your mom, or daughter or somebody you are close to and let them know you love them , create memories because they are instant smiles in the future!

11 comments:

Sheena said...

I love it! Traditions...something to pass down. I'm glad that Gracie loves to dance with her Mommy and Daddy. You know you can call me if it gets too difficult

Trinity said...

Thanks for the reminder of how special our Mommies are to us! I love my mommy so much! I love to color and can't wait to color with my kids. My mom still loves to color and when we were younger and would go camping my mom would always color with me. Oh and the smell of vanilla always brings great thoughts of my mom to my mind. P.S. You are a great mom and thanks for being such a great friend to Sheena.

T said...

that is so so sweet! Your story made me cry not because it is sad it just reminded me of how special memories are to me.

Trinity said...

I got to thinking about my comment. It could be taken wrong. So I just had to say I was talking about all her posts of how you guys are such great friends and the nice things you do. I am glad that you two are such great friends everyone needs a best friend. How is provo? I went to the Provo temple and it is beautiful up there. Love the team Cullen bag you got her. Can't wait for the movie.

Melissa said...

That was so sweet and well written! Thanks for those nice words. I truly took them to heart.

cortney and neil said...

You are so amazing. That is so cute that you danced with Gracie like your mom did. I think about you a lot when I have bad days. You really helped me a lot after Nic and I will always love you for it.

Kellie Henry said...

You are so strong and such a wonderful mom to little Gracie.

The Provence Family said...

Jilli - I know you have had a tough week and I am thinking about you. I just wish you were closer. Miss you (even though we talk everyday)!!!!!

Penny said...

Know what really moves me about this memory? The parallel between you and Deborah and you and Gracie--how much you cherish that little Pulse-of-your-Heart; Deborah felt that intensely about you, and how amazingly lucky you feel that Gracie is yours, that's what your Mom feels about you, her treasure. I don't even have to imagine (because I know) how it tickled her heart when you asked in that funny little way to "have this dance" with her. How wonderful for you to be so important and dear to Deborah and Gracie!!

Whetton Family said...

Always looking for the positive! That is such an awesome quality! You are such a great person and a wonderful mommy!

Tyson and Capri said...

Jill its Capri:) How are you??? its been awhile let me know how things are going!!